2020 Mazda CX-9 Towing Capacity
How much can a Mazda CX-9 tow? Thanks to the Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Turbo 4-cylinder engine under the hood, the 2020 Mazda CX-9 can tow up to 3,500 pounds. If you’re looking for a sleek, family-friendly crossover with plenty of power to handle your large popup camper or motorized boat, the Mazda CX-9 is worth a look. Learn more about the Mazda CX-9 towing capacity below, and then browse our Mazda SUV inventory to find the perfect match for your needs in Morton!
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Key Performance Capability
All four 2020 Mazda CX-9 trims feature a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine designed to deliver breakthrough performance along with drastically improved fuel economy.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Engine Specs:
- Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- 22/28 city/highway mpg
- 227 hp with regular fuel
- 250 hp with premium fuel
- 310 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm
- 3,500-pound max towing capacity
- 6-speed automatic transmission
The turbocharged four-cylinder paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission means you’ll cruise the Springfield streets with a perfect balance of power and comfort. Choose from Sport and Manual modes to fine-tune your driving experience even further. To boost capability on more challenging road surfaces, you can upgrade the Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring trims with available AWD.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Towing Features
How much can the Mazda CX-9 tow safely? We wouldn’t get excited about maximum towing capacity without a safe way to tow it. Here are just a few of the advanced driver-assist technology features you’ll find on the CX-9 for stability and safety while towing:
- Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control System and Trailer Stability Assist — This feature constantly monitors road conditions, and adjusts vehicle characteristics for maximum stability as you take narrow corners in Morton.
- SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with the G-Vectoring Control System — This intuitive system adjusts wheel torque to promote vehicle control on all road surfaces.
- i-ACTIV AWD® System — This available feature gauges road conditions, and then distributes power to the wheels where it’s needed most. All four trims get the same towing capacity whether you choose FWD or AWD, but AWD is a valuable safety asset if you expect your Normal drives will often be on unstable surfaces.
Test Drive a 2020 MAZDA CX-9 in Bloomington!
If you have further questions about the Mazda CX-9 towing capacity or other specs, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can also help you learn about the Mazda CX-30 price and more! At Sam Leman Mazda, we’re proud to serve the Bloomington and Normal areas with a wide selection of Mazda vehicles for any driving purpose or budget. Explore our new vehicle specials for local drivers, and apply for financing online when you’re ready to get started!
More From Sam Leman Mazda
The2020 Mazda CX-5offers a luxury feel with convenient and entertaining features, however, the most noteworthy aspect of this Mazda SUV is the gas mileage. Check out the different Mazda CX-5 gas mileage ratings per trim level and choose the model that best suits your driving needs. Once you’re ready to get behind the wheel, use…
The 2020 Mazda CX-5 cargo space and interior dimensions make it a smart choice for the Bloomington driver on the go. Able to haul up to 59.6 cubic feet of gear, the CX-5’s spacious interior is able to switch from moving people to hauling cargo in an instant. Discover the CX-5 dimensions below or in-person at…
The 2020 Mazda CX-5 trims offer a wide variety of features for your day-to-day convenience and comfort. Whether you’re busy with quick drives throughout the day or depend on your car for a long highway commute, it’s easy to customize the Mazda CX-5 for your needs! Check out our guide on the Mazda CX-5 trim…