2020 Mazda CX-9 Towing Capacity
How much can a Mazda CX-9 tow? Thanks to the Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Turbo 4-cylinder engine under the hood, the 2020 Mazda CX-9 can tow up to 3,500 pounds. If you’re looking for a sleek, family-friendly crossover with plenty of power to handle your large popup camper or motorized boat, the Mazda CX-9 is worth a look. Learn more about the Mazda CX-9 towing capacity below, and then browse our Mazda SUV inventory to find the perfect match for your needs in Morton!
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Key Performance Capability
All four 2020 Mazda CX-9 trims feature a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine designed to deliver breakthrough performance along with drastically improved fuel economy.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Engine Specs:
- Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- 22/28 city/highway mpg
- 227 hp with regular fuel
- 250 hp with premium fuel
- 310 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm
- 3,500-pound max towing capacity
- 6-speed automatic transmission
The turbocharged four-cylinder paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission means you’ll cruise the Springfield streets with a perfect balance of power and comfort. Choose from Sport and Manual modes to fine-tune your driving experience even further. To boost capability on more challenging road surfaces, you can upgrade the Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring trims with available AWD.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Towing Features
How much can the Mazda CX-9 tow safely? We wouldn’t get excited about maximum towing capacity without a safe way to tow it. Here are just a few of the advanced driver-assist technology features you’ll find on the CX-9 for stability and safety while towing:
- Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control System and Trailer Stability Assist — This feature constantly monitors road conditions, and adjusts vehicle characteristics for maximum stability as you take narrow corners in Morton.
- SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with the G-Vectoring Control System — This intuitive system adjusts wheel torque to promote vehicle control on all road surfaces.
- i-ACTIV AWD® System — This available feature gauges road conditions, and then distributes power to the wheels where it’s needed most. All four trims get the same towing capacity whether you choose FWD or AWD, but AWD is a valuable safety asset if you expect your Normal drives will often be on unstable surfaces.
Test Drive a 2020 MAZDA CX-9 in Bloomington!
If you have further questions about the Mazda CX-9 towing capacity or other specs, don’t hesitate to contact us. At Sam Leman Mazda, we’re proud to serve the Bloomington and Normal areas with a wide selection of Mazda vehicles for any driving purpose or budget. Explore our new vehicle specials for local drivers, and apply for financing online when you’re ready to get started!
More From Sam Leman Mazda
The new Mazda CX-5 is an attractive, athletic SUV that brings power and convenience to your commutes. Learn more about the Mazda CX-5 towing capacity, towing safety, equipment, and more with our helpful guide at Sam Leman Mazda. Get behind the wheel of this new models today to fully experience the towing capabilities and more this model…
How much can a Mazda CX-9 tow? Thanks to the Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Turbo 4-cylinder engine under the hood, the 2020 Mazda CX-9 can tow up to 3,500 pounds. If you’re looking for a sleek, family-friendly crossover with plenty of power to handle your large popup camper or motorized boat, the Mazda CX-9 is worth a look….
In need of a new Mazda SUV that offers plenty of interior space for additional cargo and passengers alike? In addition to the impressive efficiency, convenience, and capabilities of the new Mazda CX-5, you’ll find a large amount of space so you can bring along everything you need and more on your next out-of-town trip….